Asbestos Hazards for Construction – $40
Although banned for new applications since 1989, asbestos was once a common component in many building materials, including insulation, roofing products, paints, and floor and ceiling tiles. Without proper safety measures, workers exposed to asbestos hazards may experience breathing difficulties, inflammatory conditions, mesothelioma and other cancers.
This makes it essential for construction workers to know the dangers of asbestos exposure and how to stay safe on the job. The Asbestos Hazards for Construction course from ClickSafety provides basic asbestos training in accordance with OSHA standards for construction to keep workers safe and help stay compliant with all relevant State and Federal regulations.
Course Duration: 30 Minutes
- Essential facts about asbestos
- OSHA regulations and classifications
- The designation and responsibilities of an asbestos Competent Person (CP)
- Testing and control
- Appropriate respiratory protection
- Responsibilities for workplace safety
- Symptoms of asbestos exposure
- Medical surveillance and when to seek treatment
Upon conclusion of the course, the student will receive a certificate of completion.