Electrical Safety and LOTO for General Industry – $40
This intermediate-level online electrical safety and LOTO training course explains how to work safely with electricity and avoid the dangers of live current.
You will lean from general office work to manufacturing facilities, every workplace relies on electrical power. Yet electricity is one of the most dangerous elements faced by workers across many industries, and every employer and employee must heed safety precautions and follow OSHA’s best practices as well as regulatory requirements for safety in its presence. Electrical Safety and LOTO for General Industry addresses the basics of electrical safety and LOTO procedures to prepare team members to recognize and avoid electrical hazards encountered on the job to promote a safer work environment and prevent injuries and even death.
Course Duration: 1 Hour
- The basics of electricity and electrical safety
- Common electrical hazards
- OSHA’s safe work practices for electrical safety
- Circuit protection devices
- Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI)
- Equipment design
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Isolation and control of hazardous energy (COHE) strategies for electricity, including guarding of live parts, grounding, and more
- Energy control devices and programs
- Best practices for identifying and securing electrical energy sources
- The importance of lockout/tagout procedures
- Identifying a zero-energy state
Upon conclusion of the course, the student will receive a certificate of completion.