Hazard Communication Awareness (HazCom/GHS) For All Industries – $30
In the event of any hazardous situation, employees and employers must be prepared to handle the event effectively and in the safest possible manner. This requires strict adherence to the HazCom and GHS standards established by OSHA to provide every worker with critical safety information. Hazard Communication Awareness (HazCom/GHS) for All Industries ensures that course participants are aware of fundamental hazard communication principles and is drawn from the most recent updates to OSHA standards to help ensure compliance.
NOTICE: This training course has been developed directly from OSHA’s Hazard Communication requirements as outlined in the revised (2012) OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) and is intended to help employees meet the basic training requirements for Hazard Communication.
This introductory-level online HazCom training course is based on OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.1200 and includes the most current revisions to OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS), including the 2012 revisions incorporating the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS). Course topics include:
- HazCom background and definitions
- OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) 29 CFR 1910.1200
- The Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- The benefits the HazCom standard affords employees
- Employer HazCom programs
- Hazardous chemicals, inventories, and labels
- Hazard classification
- HazCom responsibilities for employees, employers, manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and importers
- A worker’s right to know
- Written programs
- HazCom checklist
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- When additional HazCom training is needed
- Resources for HazCom information
- Understanding precautionary statements, pictograms, and signal words
Course Duration: 20 Minutes
Upon conclusion of the course, the student will receive a certificate of completion.