Introduction to NFPA 70E – $45
The Introduction to NFPA 70E (2021) for All Industries online safety course is designed specifically to address the importance of electrical safety in the workplace. Participants can expect to learn about the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and why the NFPA 70E was developed. Additionally, training includes an intermediate-level overview of the concepts of electric shock and arc flash hazards, approach boundaries, and risk assessments, as well as warning labels, and personal protective equipment (PPE).
This course introduces participants to the NFPA 70E, sharing the hazards involved with working around electrical dissemination systems with currents greater than 50 volts.
Course Duration: 45 Minutes
- Recognize the history and purpose of the NFPA and the 2021 NFPA 70E standard
- Identify responsibilities and training requirements for qualified and unqualified persons
- Recognize what is required to achieve an electrically safe work condition through an effective safety program
- Identify safeguards and controls for work involving electrical hazards, including the use of PPE, labels, warnings, and barricades
- Identify host employer and contractor responsibilities as required by the NFPA 70E
Upon conclusion of the course, the student will receive a certificate of completion. This Certification is eligible for 24 months.