Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness for Construction – $30
The Respirable Crystalline Silica Awareness for Construction course from ClickSafety is an introductory-level safety course in which participants will learn the basics about silica and respirable crystalline silica dust that may be encountered on the construction sites. The course is designed to identify the basic health hazards associated with potential exposure, some of the common construction tasks that might result in exposure to respirable crystalline, and typical control/management measures that employers might implement to protect works from potential exposure.
Additionally, course participants will learn the contents of the new OSHA regulation regarding silica and respirable crystalline silica, as well as where to get a copy of the regulation. The course will teach students to recognize who and what a competent person is and the basic requirements surrounding OSHA’s new standards regarding respirable crystalline silica.
Industry terms that will be covered include action level, competent person, employee exposure, high-efficiency particulate air filter (HEPA), permissible exposure limit, and respirable crystalline silica.
This course is based on OSHA’s §1926.1153 Respirable Crystalline Silica and all applicable related OSHA standards.
Course Duration: 30 Minutes
- Introduction to silica and respirable crystalline silica, including background and definitions
- Common construction activities that have the greatest potential for exposure
- Common hazards, evaluation, and control techniques of silica and respirable crystalline silica
- Importance of signage and labels, housekeeping, and a written exposure control plan
- Silica and respirable crystalline silica in construction summation
Upon conclusion of the course, the student will receive a certificate of completion.