Respirable Crystalline Silica in Construction for the Exposed Worker – $50
This course is designed to teach students about the basics of silica dust and respirable crystalline silica dust often encountered during construction activities. The Respirable Crystalline Silica in Construction for the Exposed Worker course teaches participants the basic health hazards associated with exposure, as well as common construction tasks that could result in exposure to respirable crystalline, and control measures employers can implement to protect workers from specific construction tasks at which employees are exposed. Control strategies will be identified and include engineering controls, work practices, and respirators.
Course Duration: 1 Hour
- Backgrounds and definitions of silica and respirable crystalline silica
- Common construction activities with the greatest potential for exposure
- Common hazards, evaluation methods, and control techniques of silica and respirable crystalline silica
- Importance of and requirements for signs and labels, housekeeping, a documented written exposure control plan, medical surveillance, training, and information
- Silica and respirable crystalline in construction summary
Upon conclusion of the course, the student will receive a certificate of completion.