Again this is based on a basic knot, the simple figure eight or figure-of-eight. The second line follows the knot from end to start forming an opposing knot.
1. Take two running ends of the rope and place them facing each other.
2. Take one of the working ends of rope tie a figure 8 knot.
3. Feed the second rope in from the side of the knot that has the terminated end.
4. Following the same pattern as the figure 8 knot, feed the running end back through the knot.
5. Follow the (red) rope that is tied in the figure 8.
6. Each bend in the rope should end up with two ropes side by side.
7. Each bend in the rope should end up with two ropes side by side.
8. On both ends of the knot there should be two ropes.
9. Dress and set the knot.