As with many bends this is one knot tied by following the course of the original knot only in reverse, hence the terms “follow through”.
1. Take two running ends of the rope and place them facing each other.
2. Take one of the working ends of rope tie a simple overhand knot.
3. Feed the second rope in from the side of the knot that has the terminated end.
4. Following the same pattern as the overhand knot, feed the running end back through the knot.
5. Follow the (red) rope that is tied in the simple overhand.
6. Each bend in the rope should end up with two ropes side by side.
7. On both ends of the knot there should be two ropes.
8. Dress and set the knot.